View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:10 PM   #30
Dan in Pasadena

Re: WARNING: RANT! #!*%’g Aftermarket Side Windows & Wings

Well gentlemen, the windows are in. It took all day and I’m not all that happy with the outcome. Took longer than a pro & I had to uninstall/reinstall each because the roller that goes into the channel welded into the door came out - frustrating - but I got it done.

These repops mostly fit - but not exactly. Only 2 of 4 tabs on the outside of the wind wing matched the holes in the door. I didn’t drill for additional screws YET but I suspect I’ll have to.

A pro experienced with these trucks could maybe avoid the paint scratches but I don't see how they could make reproductions fit better.

The fuzzy C channel wrinkles at the upper rear corner depite clamping the heck out of them. Nothing a pro would do could change that. MAYBE cut “V’s” to make them conform to the curve of the door but I noticed that wasn’t done by the guys on YouTube that installed their own. Anyway, here are pic’s of the install. Anti-rattle strips or “whiskers” are not yet installed and it’s obvious they require extensive trimming to fit close-to-correctly. I was annoyed so I quit for the day.

On to the next thing!
Attached Images

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 03-09-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote