View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 06:20 AM   #41
special-K
Special Order

Re: Lift Cylinder Stuck...

The joking about lubing shafts and holes came after the fact, after the cylinder lowered safely, BTW. And OP hasn't posted a thing since your warning. You came with that after he came back. Scroll up, you'll see.

I, and I'm sure all the rest, certainly appreciate your warning and will take heed from this point forward. No one is ignoring anything here. I would not have needed to PM you had I known what you have just brought to the thread. I certainly would have been one to do as you did, without the assumptive condescending comments. The obvious fact is, the rest of us who were joking about it did not know such danger existed, so therefore gave no warning. Very simple. I'm sure I know things you don't and I'm happy to share when the opportunity arises. I don't expect to know everything others do, and visa-versa. But, I do know what I know by observation, listening, reading, and contemplation. Thanks for the education. It all makes sense what you say, but honestly never gave the air pressure over hydraulic involved a thought. I don't think I even offered a solution because I don't pretend to know things I have no experience with. And at the opposite end of the spectrum I sit ignorant of things concerning auto lifts, as I have never worked as a mechanic, owned my own lift, or operated one other than lowering at a friend's request.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-27-2018 at 07:40 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote