View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #88
Corey'sgotachev

Re: Hydraulic Clutch Conversion 1965C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
You aren't really going to gain anything by switching to a Wilwood master cylinder, unless the Tilton is not the correct size for the clutch slave cylinder. What slave cylinder is on your truck? Is there any adjustment at the slave cylinder?
I don't see any part number or label on the slave cylinder. Yes, I have been adjusting the clutch by tightening/backing off nut that attaches to the clutch release fork (?).
My concern is, perhaps, the nut hasn't been the problem but the rod from the pedal to MC has been bending slightly? And yesterday varying the pressure on the pedal to try to make clutch release all the way so that it could go into gear and it folded/broke. The pedal lost all pressure and it went all the way to the floor and stayed there! At first I thought the hydraulic line broke, but it was the rod that folded over. I'm just not sure of the angle of the pedal to the MC is wrong? If I buy the rebuild kit from Tilton, what's to say that rod will also bend? There is only one spot on Wilwood pedal to attach the rod.
I'm not sure why whoever did the conversion didn't buy one kit from one manufacturer; not a piece from many different ones. Wouldn't they work better if it is an engineered system?
Attached Images

Corey'sgotachev is offline   Reply With Quote