View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #8
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Fan Switch wiring, wiring kits & fuse box panel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
I had a brain fart and forgot to include the image so here it is. It's been a hectic day.

Attachment 1628204

If you have the brown wire to your B terminal then you are getting power to the switch. I don't have AC on my truck so there may be variables in the years and models.
I would say you're absolutely correct. For some level of confirmation, the fan control switch on my 72 A/C truck is wired exactly like my 71 A/C truck. At the switch anyway, I can't speak for the ends of each wire. In other terms, no sign of pink at the fan control switch...............................Like my 71 it has a 12 AWG Pink connected to IGN. UNFUSED. Where it goes from there I don't know, but if it's like my 71 it runs to the anti-dieseling relay. Appreciate another diagram and you helping to work through this.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote