View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 02:52 PM   #173
buffydores

Re: 1978 Russet Metallic 4x4

Spent the evening replacing the fluids in the transfer case (Valvoline Non-Detergent Gasoline Engine Oil: 30 SAE Grade + Lucas oil stabilizer[30%]) and the differentials (Redline 75W90 NS [No Friction Modifiers{running a TrueTrac back there}] + Lucas oil stabilizer[40%]). I still can't do it without making a mess.

Installed the Stage 8 Fasteners so I don't have to re-tighten these collector flanges anymore:

Here's something cool. Ordered up some high density polyethylene (HDPE) in orange. I used a little jigsaw to cut this piece out. Then I used slightly longer screws and button washers to fasten using the factory panel holes (panel still in place). Now I have a good, low-friction work surface with no more scratches to the tailgate. It's kitchen safe and UV stable. Anybody want me to filet their catfish real quick?

You can see the little tire hump box I'm about to mount for storage and also to provide a clean mounting spot for the ARB auxilary power port. This was in there before I began working on it two years ago. It was installed 20 years ago the last time Dad spent money upgrading the Blazer. I pulled it out and kept it in case I found a reason to use it. I'm gonna use it to store jumper cables and a few essentials that don't make sense in the center console.

Last edited by buffydores; 07-21-2017 at 01:22 PM.
buffydores is offline   Reply With Quote