View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #19
82stepside

Re: wood stake truck bed sides

Yeah thats how she was for like a year when i first got her off the 1-800-OWN-ACAR lot, they were like "what are you gonna do with it?" Im like "bag it on 22's son!" They had no idea what that meant... I think it accentuates the Grampa style mystique of it all... I think if you look closely you can see my suction cup gun rack with a putter and a sand wedge in it...

Yes they are stick on bullet holes, i think there are a couple on the stake sides too still, I would have gone for the real thing but at the time i knew some day id do a resto-mod job on her... Funny how primer can multiply, its like f*ing Bunnys!

And banjo's? actually that's across the street, even in suburbia there is a blue grass band hiding in a lowely garage...

Sick69 said it though... The key to success on one is making sure the fit of the posts is pretty good in the pockets, a little looser if you plan on taking em off and on, but that what i was trying to get at in my post, i think i found wood at the (A)hole that was pretty much right on for the pocket... I just screwed the rails to the posts, so it gets most of its strength from the posts being set in the pockets...

just so you dont think im insane... last june when i had her dropped... Sometimes i miss the patina though... it was low maintenance...
Attached Images

82stepside is offline   Reply With Quote