View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #10
TheBrewery

Re: POL - Disc Brake Kit

So I had to source new lines and banjo bolts locally, luckily Godman Hi-performance is right down the street and makes damn good products! The bolts and lines were 10mm, I needed 7/16ths when I talked to POL they started to say I screwed up by ordering the 10mm... I cut him off and said I only selected the upgrade to stainless steel lines... he replied SIR I AM LOOKING AT THE ORDER WHERE YOU PICKED 10MM... I snapped back IF YOU LOOK AT THE ORDER PROCESS FOR YOUR KIT THE ONLY OPTION IS TO UPGRADE OR NOT IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE OPTION ON SIZES, AND HOW THE HELL WOULD I KNOW WHAT I NEEDED FOR CALIPERS I DON'T HAVE YET... he calmed down pretty quick, and issued an RMA for the bolts and lines. We will see if they try to charge me a restocking fee.

And the fun doesn't end there folks, the POL proportioning valve was leaking like crazy, in the back where the line for the rear connects there is a 20mm bolt with some kind of valve in it that was just pissing fluid... So when I called them they started to fight a little bit then went, wait your had problems with your lines right? I said I would just buy a new one locally and toss theirs in the box with the lines, he agreed.

Moral of the story, have your **** straight and do not back down when they try to bully you about not knowing what you are doing.

Off to the local shop tomorrow to hopefully finish this beast and get it on the road.
2016 Chevrolet Colorado z71
2016 Chevrolet Traverse - Wifes Car
2014 Honda CBR500R <- Also A Dust Collector
2009 Suzuki GSXR600 <- Stolen
TheBrewery is offline   Reply With Quote