View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 08:07 AM   #16
gigamanx

Re: Hazard light wiring, need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
good idea to swap the switch out ifyou're having short issues with tilt. thats why I mentioned to use a wire to pull the old harness up so the new harness could be pulled back into the column in the right place. there should be a plastic sheath in the column that the wires run inside of.
does the column have a nut just above the bearing? never seen that before that I remember, just remember having to get a new bearing because the shaft dropped and the bearing rollers fell down the column tube. good idea.

make sure the signal lever fits the new switch or you have a lever that will work
funny pic but it looks like the odometer is open on your speedo?
Column does have a nut just above the bearing, yes. When I was pulling on the wires, it did not feel like there was a plastic covering...there are marks along the wires where they are scratching against the metal. I guess I should try and add some sheathing while I'm at it.

I was wondering who might notice my awesome hand drawn speedometer. Its actually behind very clean glass, but yes the odometer is just hanging out there until I pony up the cash to get a proper set of gauges.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote