View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 09:20 PM   #80
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Still plugging away.

I managed to get the front and rear bumpers installed for the final time...hopefully.

Neither fit exactly like I wanted but they are pretty close. The rear sits pretty nice since I modified the brackets. Its didn't fit in snug quite as far on the left as the right but you have to look to notice. The gravel guards fit up nice and covered up the bumper brackets. Happy with those.

The front went on a little easier. I had to redrill one hole on the frame to get the bumper to sit correctly. Its not perfect either but no one will notice but me.

Everything on the front is pretty much done except for the lower valence. Im waiting to paint it with the hood. It'll just need the molding attached and the lights installed. The blue valance and hood should hopefully really bring the darker colors together.

I spent some time working on getting the sniper display mounted. I used the top part of a spare AC vent to mount the display to it so I could easily screw it to the dash like stock. (the sniper mounting bracket sucks btw). Its not pretty now but fits pretty flush and square once the bezel is installed.

I started getting the door glass ready to swap over. I removed the glass and vent windows from my original doors. Ill post pics as that comes along. I have PP gaskets for the vents and GM felt wipers for the doors.

Im trying to decide on carpet and a headliner. My cab must not have had anything as there are no holes for any trim. Im trying to decide whether I want to buy a headliner and drill all the holes along with painting all the spare trim I have. I would have to paint those along with the door panels, sunvisors and dash pad. And the seat..geesh

I have to go pickup my hood from the soda blasters tomorrow. He let me down when he said they found some bondo in the new hood. :-( Ill see how bad it is tomorrow. Im about to lose my mind over trying to find a good hood. I have a retarded amount of money in trying to find a nice hood to paint. ugh.

More updates soon.