View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Project Underfunded / next phase - LSx carb'd to LSx efi

Well its time for the next phase on my project. I had a guy interested in a domain I had and we could never come together on a price. Finally discussed trades...next thing I know my truck is changing from carb to efi!

Just as well....the wife wouldn't ride with me with the Holley keeping the exhaust rich. Says she smells like shes been riding a motorcycle when we get out of it. So...here we go!

The plan? Remove all the carb related gear....carb and intake, MSD box and harness, the low pressure fuel system, etc. and then install new fuel system, efi intake and related components, efi harness, sensors, etc. then the plan is to find a 4L80-e to upgrade to. So here we go with a bunch of parts again.

how it sat:

once cleaned up (and pained maybe) this is replacing the carb intake:

and the harness I got (with a pre-tuned e38 ecm and a tcm)....is AWESOME!

if you're wondering its a custom Nelson Performance stand alone harness...not a cut up OEM harness. This thing is sweet! Labeled up, shrink wrapped, new relays and fuse panel, and even has that fiber weave covering that looks sort of like s.s. flex hose but black. I saw the custom pegged up super long table they're made on so I'm guessing its going to fit great. I have a walbro 255, GM filter/reg, and lots of new AN fittings and s.s. hose being delivered tomorrow.

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken

Last edited by 68GMCCustom; 11-22-2013 at 03:06 PM.
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote