View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 11:53 PM   #529
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

I can not verify that the disc brake lower ball joints will press into the '63-'66 C20 lower control arms. Until someone verifies that, I continue to recommend just changing the entire front suspension, crossmember and all.

Yes you will have to drill new holes for the later model idler arm. When converting to power steering you must shorten the original steering column shaft. There's no way around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64RC20 View Post
Hmmm...the "Quote message in reply?" check box is not working for me. So please bear with me....

In post 216, user 65ChevyC20 asked this:

And Captainfab, you replied:

There was no mention of the tie rods, so I guess I'd better ask about them. I'll have my old ones and the new ones from the donor truck so hopefully I'm covered. So, will tie rods, or anything else, be a problem with this "easiest" option? And this option lets me keep my stock manual steering box, right?

From a durability/parts availability perspective, swapping in all of the donor truck's suspension (with or without the crossmember) would definitely be wise, too. But then I think I would have to locate the donor truck's idler arm on the frame and drill new holes for it, right? (I think I could handle that). And then I'm still up against a new 73-79 (to avoid metric) steering box. Can I get it in without cutting my steering shaft? Maybe with your adapter?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote