View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
ChadW

Sbc 327 build options and opinions

SBC Motor help/opinions needed...

We just tore down a 327 that came with my project...crank needs turned so I’m just going to go ahead and do a complete rebuild since I have it all apart..I’m wanting a motor that sounds good with a little lope if possible, and still be able to make a good amount of torque and be quick off the line...I’m not into top speed, just a cruiser that’s fast light to light is what I’m after..casting numbers put it as a 1964 327. Currently has aluminum twisted wedge trick flow 180cc heads, edelbrock performer intake, and a comp cam 260h cam. I am going to run a 700r4 tranny and currently has a 2200 stall converter with it. I have 3.73 posi rearend. 20” rims so somewhere around 27” tall tires..I am wanting to be able to run power brakes as well..What changes should I make while I have this all apart...I think the 260 is a pretty mild cam and have thought of changing to a xe268h or a lunati cam.. please give me some opinions on this build and what I can do to make it a good sounding and performing engine. Thanks

Chad
ChadW is offline   Reply With Quote