View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #12
EARNHARDT#3

Re: LMC 6 cylinder exhaust system....anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldman View Post
Never seen aluminized pipe rust. Or stainless steel. I have not seen a steel pipe exhaust system in years. I would not buy one either.

Yeah, there was a time I would not let other people work on my vehicles. I have a better job now and can afford it ..

I find your reply a little odd. I want the best for my vehicles and I am not the best person to be working on some areas of my vehicles, or I don't want to tie up money for special tools or equipment I will only use once, so I will let the professionals do some work on my truck. I certainly didn't do any machine work on my lastest engine even though at one time I was fully capable to do so.

As others have said, pre-made bolt on universal parts usually don't fit well. I would rather have a professional build a quality exhaust system that is made to fit my truck instead of buying something that someone else thinks I want.

Your truck though, do as you want, not what anyone else wants.

Side note: I worked at an exhaust shop for years. I still use my friends exhaust shop to build what I need for my vehicles, and he helps me out when I hit a problem bend. I let him do the welding, that skill has gotten away from me.
Points well taken. On the other hand I don't mind buying tools I'll only use once. I'd also rather do things myself multiple times until I get it right even if it costs me more in the end. This is a hobby. As far as machine work goes I do t have the skill or tools for that. And if I need it done I'd certainly pay a professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle gmc View Post
Your truck wont care if you have a 700$ stainless set up or 200$ bolt on set up. Your exhuast routing and set up couldn't be more simple. You shouldn't have any issues with that kit.
My thoughts exactly. I'm not looking for anything spectacular. Just a stock style exhaust system. I've installed over 10 aftermarket exhaust systems that I can think of and I've never had an issue with figment. The 2 that were "custom" from shops never were quite how I wanted them.
EARNHARDT#3 is offline   Reply With Quote