View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 05:23 PM   #24
hotwls13

Re: Rattle can or Rustoleum Gallon or SIngle Stage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Stomper View Post
Shouldn't be that red... be sure not to put too much hardener in it. The bondo is not red in gallon cam is it?

I would suggest not using the fiberglass bondo-glass filler unless you are working on a Cameo or a boat. It's not reccomended for filling rust holes in steel as it is commonly misused for.
It’s grey in the can. Hardener is red. It may be the pics but I would say it goes on more of a pink (depending on how much hardener u use).

As for the fiberglass, I used it on the back of the cab to fill some small screw holes. It worked pretty good and they will never be seen so I finished them a little rough. I also used it on a couple trim holes. Dimpled them a bit before filling so the bondo Glass would have a little more room. I also pressed it into the hole a bit to Create a little blob inside the panel. After drying it creates a solid patch. I know this isn’t the “best” way to do it but my cheap 90amp harbor freight flux welder would just warp sheetmetal if I tried welding the holes shut.
hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote