Thread: 1970 c/k 10
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #13
dfwright

Re: 1970 c/k 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by psoucy View Post
Nice Job. Sweet truck, looks like you put a ton of work into it. I'm pretty much planning on what it looks like you did. Taking it down to the frame and restoring to stock condition. Probably upgrade to disc brakes, change the color, and go with a rally wheel, and of course AC, but thats about it.
Thank you for the kind words! Yes, it was a lot of work. More than I anticipated, to be sure. It was 8 years from the time I turned the first wrench on deconstruction, until I drove it the first time.

Not to say it would take you that long, just that it took me that long, and it was difficult at times to keep going.

I love your plans for the truck, and I look forward to watching your progress. If you decide to do a build thread, I will definitely want to subscribe! My best piece of advice is to take a million pictures before ever you begin.Take pictures of everything, from every angle, and take pictures as you're removing parts. I took hundreds, and still had areas that I didn't get good pictures of.

By the time you get to putting it back together, you won't remember how it all went, and the pictures are invaluable then.

Good luck with your build, and congratulations on a fine truck to start with!

Deconstruction began 5/2009, mostly completed restoration, 5/2017
dfwright is offline   Reply With Quote