View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 12:58 AM   #253
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

I'm still here!

Since my last post in here, I worked for 3 months solid in TX, so fun time was very limited. I was off for 2 weeks during the holidays, so I gave it my best shot, but I think the Blazer was mad at me. It fought me at every turn. I did buy the Blazer a Christmas present, so maybe it will be nicer to me in the future. It got a Holley Sniper setup so that I can get rid of the Quadrajet. I've never been good with carburetors, but I am a whiz with computers, so maybe I'll be able to unlock the full potential of my new engine.

I also finally upgraded from the rocker switch to the touchpad on the Accuair, and my cool ashtray mount for the touchpad should be delivered this week from CTP!

I thought I had the complete air system done with the Accuair and all before I came back to work. When I went to calibrate the system, one of my shock mounts bent while it was testing the upper limits of travel and allowed one of the sensors to over-rotate and it broke. My Accuair system was purchased in 2010 or '11 so it uses the old style sensors that they don't sell anymore. I remembered that they said they used OEM style sensors back then, so after an intense googling session, I "believe" that they used the same sensors that are on the 2003-06 Lincoln Navigators, so I ordered one on ebay, but I have yet to have a chance to try it out.

This past weekend, I was going to try the new sensor, but an opportunity to buy a friend's old vehicle popped up and I became the new owner of a 1985 S-10 Blazer! I've wanted one since high school. So, I hitched up a buddy's trailer behind the trusty Duramax and went for a nice long drive to get it. Unfortunately, I didn't get any shop time with Ratchet's Blazer.

Oh yeah, I just registered to do the Long Haul for the Hot Rod Power Tour again this year, so I have now put another deadline on myself to have the suspension, new wheels and tires, big brakes, A/C, EFI, and finally a radio all installed. Wish me luck!
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 01-17-2018 at 01:27 AM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote