View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 10:17 PM   #55
special-K
Special Order

Re: Post pictures of your lifted 67-72's

Thanks. I loved that truck. It came from Colorado, but was a Wyoming truck most of it's life. Back in the great recession I had to let it go. A friend has it now and it is being restored...slowly, to a very high standard. For me it was a survivor run everywhere truck I just enjoyed as is. I did all new steering, brakes, suspension, u-joints, bearings, tires, clutch so it drove really nice. It had a 400 SBC (with 400 badges) and a 4spd. That last picture was taken on Rt55 between Front Royal and Strasburg. The first was near my place and the middle was my driveway. The P.O. ragged it out, but the owner before did a great job on it. Although it had all original paint, it had a cab swap from a Cheyenne Super after a tree had fallen on it. I bought it in '04 the summer before becoming Special-K here. I had a member contact me who knew the guy who did that work. The Cheyenne Super was a big block C/20, so it had a high hump already. Under the tailgate band Chevrolet was done in blue letters, the way deluxe 2-tone Custom Deluxes were done. The seat was still in great shape.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-19-2018 at 07:37 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote