View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #13
68fleetsidec20

Re: 5.3L GenIII /TH400 swap

Today was very frustrating, for most of the day I was trying to figure out why it wouldn't run. I keeped confirming spark and checking the injector harness. I had spark and my homemade injector test light confirmed they where getting a nice pulse. But it still wouldn't run. I checked fuel pressure, then thought maybe the fuel rails were full of air, mad sure they weren't, but it still wouldn't run. To make things more interesting the #2 cylinder always fired but no others. I took some time off scratching my head to make the passangers side exhaust. Then I tried some more and around 8:00 came here to check to forum. 69custom had the solution it was indeed clogged injectors. I pulled them out and 10 minutes later had the engine running. It was a huge relife, but all the time I wasted prevented me from getting the truck done so I won't be driving it to work tomorrow. I still need to do the drivers side exhaust, mount the passangers side fender and hood, remove some un-needed wiring (old alternator harness) and finish a few things with the engine harness. Hopefully I can get this all done tomorrow and only fall one day short of my one week swap goal.

Thank-you 69custom for your suggestion It really helped me

Shifty; Thanks for all your suggestions, for the record I only got the computer programmed by wait4me, I did the harness myself its not to complicated if you have the pinouts which I found on ls1tech.com. And as pictured above I used a 94 grand prix fuse/relay box. It proved to be a great budget alternative to buying an aftermarket system and has provisions for 5 relays and 13 fuses.

Killer71; The air filter is a K&N RE0870