View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 03:28 AM   #124
fredscarryall

Re: Fastfreddys 454ss

Also found aluminum radiator for our 88 to 98 trucks. I have used these radiators on 3 builds with 180 degree thermostat and the temperature never got above 185 on 90 degree days cruising at 5 mph. Made in the USA. Champion radiator makes two sizes that have transmission and oil cooler lines ( but you can be plug them off if you have a manual trans or don’t have a built in oil cooler),includes heater core line out. Also depending on which one you pick.They make standard and extended fill neck.The cc1520 with a 34” wide core and a 40 5/8 overall and a cc622 with a 28” core and 20 1/4 overall.You can save a lot of my money with free shipping buying the radiators from ebay for $200. Way better then griffins $750 just for the radiator. Champion says they price match but I didn’t ask.If you buy the cc1520, champion does not make a dual 16” fan shroud so you have to buy the shroud off ebay for $100. If you use the cc622 with the 28” core you have to buy the 14” dual fan shroud from champion radiator ( but will need minor mods to fit) Make sure you buy a temp sensor relay kit, unless you want to run a toggle. But the dual fan kit 170 off/ 185 on needs to be bought from summit racing, jegs, ebay or amazon. I’m saving the old radiator, shroud and fan. So it could be put back to stock
Attached Images

fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote