View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #8
sleonard13

Re: Is my thermostat stuck open

Yeah the thermostat made a hughe difference...before I replaced the t-stat I could here apinging in the motor when the car was in drive it was more noticable..No mater how much i drove it the damn temp guage would not move..i had heat somy uncle wasconvinced it was a faulty guage..After about a week I noticed when I would shut the motor off and leave the key to run position i would see the temp climb..So I went ahead and replaced it...Now with 10-15 min after start-up the idle rpm drops to about 1000...When i shift it into gear it drops to about 700-800rpm and sounds real nice idling with the dynaflow exhaust..I no longer hear the pinging or knocking or something coming from the motor..Also before i replaced it after i would be driving, giving it plenty of time to warm up..I could shut the engine off,,start it back up and the rpm would go right to 1500...Now when I do the same thing it will jump up to 1300, 1500 rpm but drop quickly to idle about 900 in park,,About 750, 800 in gear...She runs great now..Don't know about mpg,,,Don't drive it much..
sleonard13 is offline   Reply With Quote