View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 03:11 PM   #1
Cdubvw

New suburban owner

Hello, all! For my first post I would like to introduce you to my new to me 1971 suburban. I would also like to share the back story as to how we acquired it. Back in 1996 when my wife was 7 years old her father purchased this suburban in stock form with the inline 6 and manual transmission. He tore into it and purchased a donor truck to do a v8 auto swap. The engine is .40 over with camel hump heads, edelbrock intake and carb, high compression, rv cam, full headers and true dual exhaust. He built this truck to haul the family to the river with their boat and other fun things they did together. My wife learned to drive in this when she was a kid as well. Fast forward to 09 and new haulers were in the family and the suburban got parked where it sat for the past 8 years. It was brought up if we would like to take suburban into our young family and we of course jumped on it! We grauciously took delivery of the truck about 2 weeks ago and are exited to start new memories with our family as my wife did with hers. She loved the suburban as a kid and now our kids get to experience the same.
So after sitting so long I cleaned and drained the old fuel out and cleaned the carb real good. The fuel had turned to molasses. Fresh fluids and a few repairs, one shock mount was broken and the panhard bar bushing was gone somehow. I upgraded to cpp shock reloacte and adjustable panahrd for support of future suspension modifications. The plans are a buff and polish and a mild drop with a change in wheels and tires and drive the wheels off making memories. Sorry for the long post but we will update as time goes on!
Attached Images

Cdubvw is offline   Reply With Quote