Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 08:39 PM   #759
ThadandDad48

Re: S10 Swap how to

Think I have the tank location problem solved. Followed the advice to move the cross member back but ran into issues with not being able to move it back far enough sooooo. Since I Already had the cross member out I ended up replacing it with some 1.5 square tubing clamped to the underside of the top frame rail. I will eventually weld this in place all around and probably add a gusset to the bottom of the frame rail but for the moment this looks like it will work great sets the tank about 3/4" below the bed floor (already raised 3" to allow clearance to frame and get running boards and bed to align properly.) I need to take pictures so I can share but user beware the short frame extension does come with other issues although the 3" drop in the rear has made everything sit level and giving me the stance I was looking for without having to lower anything yet. Current stance is 9" from the bottom of the running boards to the ground which I think looks great and should be very drive able for a 16 year old.
ThadandDad48 is offline   Reply With Quote