View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #27
DransportGarage

Re: Rear end ratio for 700R4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
<snip>

What's most frustrating to see in this thread is the number of responses suggesting a less expensive but practical solution involving a 2.73 rear and 350 trans should be dumped for a more expensive solution: buy new gears or rear axle then spend quite a bit more to rebuild and upgrade a transmission to go with the new rear. Why spend more to achieve what is easily done with less?

<snip>

I suppose I'd be told that I should ditch the rear for a 3.42 then spend money building and upgrading a 2004R if I asked for suggestions on the rebuild.
Oops. I didn't realize that was what I was doing. I thought a member posted a question and I was helping him out -- sharing my experience. I thought that's what we did here, along with trying to find best (not necessarily cheapest) solutions for our trucks. At the end of the day I was actually going to allow the OP to continue to own his truck and make his own decision. Signing off of this thread...
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote