Thread: Got hit, ouch!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 12:40 AM   #1
84chevyguyid

Got hit, ouch!

My son was driving the blazer and he got hit pulling into a gas station. The owner of the station hit him in the drivers door and there is no issue with fault. Of course his agent is thinking it will total the blazer so looking for advise on how to proceed. Besides the door, it bent the sill under the door and the running board. I have another door for it so that part is not a problem. We can straighten the running board and probably pound the sill down enough so it wont rub on the door and live with it for now. The door still opens and closes but its dragging on the sill. The body is in excellent condition with no rust anywhere other than the paint coming off the roof. Still waiting for his insurance adjuster to come look at it. I would hate to end up with a salvage title when its all done. What would be a value for the blazer? Its got a 350 crate motor with 30,000 miles on it, new exhaust system, 700 trans with 5,000 miles on it, 500 miles on a rebuilt 243 and new drivelines front and rear. 8 lug axles with new brakes, nice wheels and tires, nice stereo. A new paint job was next on the to do list. Got a fair amount of money and sweat equity into it thats why I dont want a salvage title on it. Here's a before pic and some after pics. What to do??
Attached Images

84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote