View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #30
watahyahknow

Re: Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy

i checked Nate's site but couldnt find any 4 wheel to 2 wheeldrive dropmember/bodydrop conversionkit (yet) but like i said before it shouldnt be too hard to build sumting that bolts to the frame on wish the stock dropmember can bolt ontoo

i seen some people use a f@rd crown vic frontsuspensionsetup the same way as a dropmember it allso has the rack and pinion in it and is eazy to adapt

i think it would be cheapest overall is to get a 1999 up half ton truck/suburb/blazer donor for the LQ4 engine and trans and maibe even the rearaxle (diskbrakes and abs sensors allready mounted on those from wat i found)not sure if the width will work on the blazer then again it might just take rims with a different ET to solve that
if you can get the 99 up front spindles with the abs sensors to fit the a arms fitting the dropmember (im sure nathan can weld in a different kind of cup on his tubulair a arms if you need another type of balljoint to make that happen) you might even be able to put the complete anti lock brakesystem from the donor in the blazer
good thing about using a donor is you can drive it to be sure everything important is running as it should
from wat i read the interiours out of those newer trucks arent mush but maibe you can stil use the leather seats out of them

im not sure wat will fit and wat wouldnt you have the luxury of selling cars like those and can drive them up a lift and take a tapemeasure to them to find out and prolly get a good price for a donor as whell

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 11-30-2012 at 01:25 PM.
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote