Thread: Blue 72
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
dwkresin

Blue 72

So my brother bought a real pretty blue blazer fresh from the paint booth back near the turn of the century. It blew the motor so I installed an extremely low mile motor for him and it sat until roughly 2 weeks ago when I drug it home.

I didnt want this thing because I knew what it was but my wife bought it and I get to fix it. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love these and just sold my truck so I could buy a 69-72 long bed. In her defense she was helping out my brother who is in the middle of a sucky divorce.

Your up to date or good enough. Right now the issues to be addressed are all about the driving. It runs like an old chevy that sat in a pasture forever so it needs a fuel tank and a tranny. The tranny is brand new rebuild with a bad case. I did it I got a core off CL and it stated very clear that it sat outside for 27 years. The case corroded at the accumulator and is beyond the sleeve kit. I started building the original tranny yesterday. Hopefully my second rebuild goes better than the first.

I know everybody is about pictures and I have some but need to figure out how to get them from my phone to here.
dwkresin is offline   Reply With Quote