View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
ray_mcavoy

Re: Wiper Motor 3 connection 2 speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Okay this is how I think it goes, you tell me:
You're close. The motor terminals you have marked "12V Fused" and "Blk to F on switch" are reversed though. In other words, the motor terminal on the far right (as the motor is oriented in the pic) is the 12V fused feed terminal. And the motor terminal on the far left is the "low speed" terminal that connects via a black wire to the switch. The middle motor terminal is correctly identified ... it's the "high" speed terminal that connects to the switch via a blue wire.

I don't have a switch with that particlular terminal layout handy to verify, but you can double check that with an multimeter (on the ohms / continuity setting) to be sure. When the switch is in the "low" speed position there should be continuity between ground (switch case) and both the "low" and "high" terminals. When moved to the "high" speed position, only the "high" terminal should have continuity to the switch case. The remaining terminal on the switch is for the washer you're not using and that should only have continuity to the switch case when the knob is pushed in.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote