View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #68
BMERDOC

Re: 2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments

OK, so the truck has been lowered three inches in the front using CPP springs. It has been driven and it has settled so I figured it would be best to start off with a fresh spec sheet. So I get the truck on the alignment rack, correct the tire pressures, install the heads and....the alignment computer is dead!!! Woulda been nice if someone who knew told me. I wonder if anyone let me do that for a laugh? Oh well, I'll use the rack in the front shop!!! So I break down the equipment and take it up front. The heads didn't like my old wagon wheels so I had to be extra careful to mount them properly. I get my first specs and wouldn't you know! Now thats something we can work with! Looking at my numbers it looks like I would just have to shim the right front upper. The machine would crunch the numbers to tell me what shim I would need but by shimming on the right front I would lose a little camber to equal -.5 camber and add a little caster to get closer to the 4.2. Remember, lookin at the numbers now there is a .7 cross caster and the truck would want to drift left.

Again, if your truck does not have a modified suspension it is best that you remove all shims before the alignment and shim it so that you get the most out of each angle
Attached Images

2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!

Last edited by BMERDOC; 12-19-2011 at 09:44 PM.
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote