View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #91
asphaltburner

Re: '78 3/4 ton 4x4 FRANKENTRUCK

Yo! Fabricating brackets and wiring HAS to be some of the most boring activities in mechanics! Power steering and accelerator now have brackets, and the electric fuel pump wiring is complete. Today I'll finish fuel switching valve wiring, and be sure this truck rolls and stops so that it can be flatbedded tonight and transported to Ken's Mufflers in Ft Collins for exhaust fabrication tomorrow.
Once I get the dash toggles wired, in goes the seat bottom, nearly completing the interior (except for the seat back). Down to the very small chores. I'll start and do cam breakin when the truck is back from Ken's.
Still finding the donor truck to be useful,...stole a length of yellow wire from it yesterday! It'll stay here until I'm satisfied that there's nothing more that I need, then off to the junkyard for $100/ton!
Once cam breakin is done we intend on a Halloween bonfire party to fire FRANKENTRUCK up at! Most folks don't build their own and everybody I know asks about it all the time. Should be fun. Todd.
asphaltburner is offline   Reply With Quote