View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
AbigailAmelia

Seeking input on radiator replacement for 1977 GMC 3/4 Longbed

Hello,

I've owned my truck for just a few months and took it to my mechanic to have the fluids checked. Among other things, the radiator leaks. Since I'm eager to learn about and work on the truck myself, I'm going to do the replacement with my hubby's supervision.

I'm reading and tagging the radiator replacement threads for reference, but I'd like input as well. My husband's knowledge is mostly around Jeeps and his fancy-schmancy 1973 overlanding Blazer, so his vehicles serve a different purpose.

My truck is a 1977 GMC Sierra Classic 3/4 ton longbed 4x4, 400 small block. I mostly use her for daily driving in suburban areas when I don't want to drive my Kia.

But she was purchased for towing trailers and especially for a long-haul tow for a move from So Cal to Portland, Or (once my house sells...know anyone who wants to move to Trabuco Canyon, CA???). And I want to use her as a heavy duty truck when needed (as opposed to, say, offroading or a show vehicle).

I waffle between restoration/preservation and upgrading to the newer, more efficient designs. Then again, it's a lifted truck, so it's already not fully stock.
-- What are good options for original-style radiators?
-- What are good options for efficient newer tech?
-- Cost is not my main concern (I'm redirecting my wine and clothes budget).
-- Are there vendors on our site you would recommend?

And, finally, any installation tips specific to this year/model?

Thanks!

Michelle
===============
1977 GMC K25 Sierra Classic Long bed "Abigail Amelia"
1986 Jeep CJ7, 1973 Chevy K5 Blazer (Hubby's projects)
AbigailAmelia is offline   Reply With Quote