View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
shifty
Questionable

Re: HOWTO: Great electric fan setup!

Next, mount the fan/shroud assembly back onto the radiator.

Reinstall the radiator in your truck.

Now is the time to decide what to use for an electrical/wiring setup. Here are some tips on wiring so you don't screw your stuff up:

* Regardless of what you do, wire things SAFELY -- Use a 20A inline fuse (or breaker) for each fan
* Just like you would rewiring your headlights, use a relay to deliver the power if you're putting a switch inside the vehicle (you can also use relays with the temperature sensor setup sold by F-A-L, Mr. Gasket and other companies).
* When supplying power for the relay, be sure to use an IGN (hot when "on") lead. If you give direct battery power, the fans can cut on when the truck is off and drain your battery.

Once you're wired up and ready to go, fit your radiator hoses back on, fill up with coolant and turn on the vehicle to test your setup.
Attached Images

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.