View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
jeffg1010

Re: Got a story of a car you "loved and lost" or sold? Or found ... years later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Chevy View Post
O.K.,here's one of 2 stories!
In 1974,I found this car in a junkyard in Houston,Tx.It was a bare shell on a rolling chassie.
I finally talked the guy out of it for $78.00!With a title!
I had just wrecked my 57 Hardtop,so,all the blue parts are from it.
I spent the next 14 years putting it back together.
Then the divorce and I needed money,so I sold it to my sisters brother-in-law.
Last year,he finished the restoration on it.
Of all the cars and trucks I've owned,I want this one back the most!

Mike.
That one even hurts me. As a red blooded American, the '57 Convertible is a dream of mine. The cool thing about this one is, you still know where it is. You just cant get your hands on it. haha! This is exactly the kind of story I am talking about. We'll have to talk more. You need a current picture of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Chevy View Post
And,my other story.
In 1965,my parents bought one of these new.
Before my mom passed in 2005,she told me it was her favorite car ever.And wanted to know if I could find one.
Well,I didn't find it until 2008 after she had died.Only 18,000 made.
!965 Chevrolet Caprice-First year it was sold.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hers was all white.
Mike.
This is cool too. I hate that she didn't get a chance to ride in it again. God rest her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorit View Post
I'd love to have my old 1968 elCamino back if it was still in the shape I sold it.

That thing was ultra reliable for me, and it was comfortable and powerful.
Used it as my dd for years while I worked on my burb.

Then I got a job that required me to drive all over Los Angeles, and I had to get a newer gas mileage friendly car. I sold the elCamino to a father and son, and they were going to restore it together. At least I felt it went to a good home.
Did you ever think about trying to track it down?

The trouble with my dad's "long lost rides" is, he didn't hang onto any paperwork, so we have no VIN's. Kinda makes it tough.
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote