View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
ultrahd4me

Project "Candy Apple"

Well I'm passed due on getting this build thread started, so here I go. This 83 popped up on my facebook feed about 3 weeks ago. SWB, rust free, super nice paint, LS1 5.3/4l60 combo, lowered, and updated interior. My interest was peeked to say the least, so 2 phone conversations later the truck was headed to Nashville. I new upfront the truck still needed some updating but over the last 2 weeks I've made the decision to change a lot more than I originally hoped for. So my plans are made and lots of new parts ordered.

Suspension: New 4.5/6 drop only reusing the drop spindles. The current setup is a mixed match of parts that doesn't work well together. Everything will be cleaned and painted as I go.

Body: The paint is super nice 3 stage candy apple red and titanium silver, super straight and zero rust. It will get a 2 stage wet sand & buff along with new bumpers front and rear. The side trim and wheel moldings are new.

Interior: Seat and headliner are new, carpet and dash are in good shape also. The door panels, door moldings, and steering wheel are going to get replaced.

Drivetrain: 5.3/4l60 from a 2002 Tahoe. No big changes under the hood just some rewiring and detailing. I've ordered all new fan, clutch, fan shroud to replace the undersized electric fan. Also ordered the full 3 piece engine covers.

Wheel: The Foose wheels are peeling and the tires are all wrong for my plans. So new 20x8/20x10 torque thrust with 245/45 & 285/50 tires will be ready early next week.

Stay tuned the fun begins this week and hoping for a 3 week completion. I'll have better and more detailed pics as I get started.
Attached Images