View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #88
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGraySay View Post
What are those from? I dig em & am looking to modify my seats with the something with more leg room. Do they fold forward? What's your seat belt plan?
Posted via Mobile Device
They were sold aftermarket as Recaro Classic C, These particular ones are out of an early '80s Porsche 930 I was told, supposedly a $8-10K option at the time. These and similar power Recaros were used in Porsches, BMWs, Benzes, Bentleys, Rolls Royces and just about any Italian car whose make ends in an "i". Yes, they fold forward.

I also have another set of the netted headrests that will be going on the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade seats in the rear, I'll need to redo the frame a bit as the stock rears have headrest post internal supports that are too small a diameter and too close together. The rears will get reupholstered to match the fronts in style. I'd also really like to leather cover and edge stitch most of the exposed plastic on the rears, I just don't know how possible that is. I have shoulder belt loop brackets that attach to the Recaro front headrests that came out of a Trans Am Indy pace car.

As far as belts, the plan at the moment is to put the shoulder belts for the front seats into the side panels, probably right above the front end of the wheel houses so they are there when the truck is topless and enough of an angle to be safe, the guide loops will help make that work. I will probably go with early aircraft style lift latch belts from seatbelt solutions, and will need to send in the back seatbelt sets to be re-buckled to match.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote