View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #13
hotwls13

Re: Blazer rear Tank, filler and venting

Got the bed on last night. Then went to hookup the fuel filler line I had come up with. Just not gonna work. The 1 3/8" hose that connects from end of exhaust pipe to fuel filler on tank is crimping at the bottom. Needs another bend.

Do I search for some flexible 1 3/8" fuel hose?

Do I fabricate (or more accurately have fabricated) another additional piece of 1 1/2" pipe, bent at the end then have another 1 3/8" adapter welded on the end of that (then trim off the existing 1 3/8" end on existing pipe)? This would add a new metal pipe in the mix and require an additional hose union.

Do I scrap the existing pipe I have, have a new one fabricated with 2 bends and a new 1 3/8" adapter welded on the end? This would have to be dead on as far as length and bends etc.

Do i scrap this whole "mounting a fuel filler in a box idea" and find a simpler place to add a filler?

Just want to drive this thing and be able to add gas as needed.

Also, I was planning on putting the 1/2" vent line hose up in the fender (rear of fenderwell). How do i attach/secure the end of the vent hose?

Also, don't forget that this bed is trash so I will probably replace it once I have a driving truck to pickup another bed. So anything I do I would like to be able to move it over to the new bed.
hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote