View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 05:45 PM   #75
MARTINSR

Re: Our Trucks Doing What They Did - Vintage Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
I realize the truck in this photo is not the General's favorite, but the picture is too cool to pass up. The racer who built the car and truck raced on a small east coast track that has since been replaced by a bunch of Six Flags carnival rides. The track never produced much. A few small time guys like Geoff Bodine, Richie Evans, and Maynard Troyer raced there with thousands of locals over the years so it's not likely to be missed. But the car/truck combination is a good reminder of the energy that went into racing back then.

I have one of those trucks in my world too so I am all good with it. My dad bought a 55 in 1965 along with a 58 Buick and had a mechanic from the Buick dealership he worked at come and put motor out of the 58 in the truck! I drove it to high school SMOKING the tires in the school parking lot often. LOL

Yep, I put my arm around a girl for the first time while in a drive-inn movie in that truck.

The first photo is of my brother in the drivers seat and me out back was on a camping trip with dad around 1968. The second photo is of it in the "Rodders Journal" magazine around 12 years ago after he restored it. It breaks my heart to know that my dad missed seeing it all done and on the road again by only a few months.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote