View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #23
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Re: Accuair problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
if you made the determination to not use bags based solely on these two threads then you are 100% correct, bags are not for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfloyd View Post
Nope. I made the decision from a long term "pain in the butt" point of view. Water being my biggest concern. My point was that after having made that decision, I'm glad I did based on these 2 threads. I have several build projects going on so maybe I'll bag one of the others later on when I'm more educated on how the manufacturers handle some of the things that concern me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Had my E-Level setup running on my truck for a little over a year now with ZERO issues, best decision I ever made. I think a lot of people have issues (not saying any of these guys here) because they didn't take the time to do it right. Wiring, running air lines where they can get pinched, melt, rub through, whatever. Most of the "bad" stuff I hear about air bags is because it wasn't done right. You really have to invest the time to plan it out properly, not just toss it all together in a couple of hours. I love my setup, all except for my junk shocks that I need to replace with ridetech RQ's.
These three quotes are the best way to describe how everyone should approach an air ride system. If you are willing to do everything correctly you have little chance of going trouble free for the life of the build. If you approach something half-cocked and expect everything to work without a lot of planning and effort then you will have poor results.

I have an accu-air switchspeed setup in my toyota pickup and have never had a single issue with any part of the system but I have following builds, installs and troubleshooting threads for years. I knew exactly how to spec the system and properly install the components to ensure a long trouble free experience.

Have there been a few issues with the accu-air systems? Yes! Show me a company that has never had a single warranty issue ever. The fact is there is a lot more components to an air system vs springs but the rewards outweigh the simplicity of steel springs.