View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
vexvader
1967 C10 SWB

Re: Question -Difference Between 1/2 & 3/4 Ton Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob_NY View Post
I am currently looking for a frame for my 1968 4x4 1/2 ton (Chevy) and was wondering if anyone could advise me on the differences between the 3/4 and 1/2 frames. I have found a 1972 3/4 rolling chassis (GMC) but I would like to stick with my 1/2 ton running gear and suspension. Are the frames the same? Will the 1/2 ton running gear and suspension bolt up to a 3/4 frame? If so is it a major fabrication project? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
I noticed that no one has answered your question so I will give my 2 cents. I am not a 4x4 guy but I would think that they are the same. GMC and Chevy used the same basic frames for all of the 1967-72 C10, K10, K5. They just had different brackets and attaching points. It doesn’t take much fabricating to swap any of the frames between each other. I believe that it is the same for swapping a C10 to a C20 and so on. As long as you are going 4x4 to 4x4, I think you should be fine. (remember there is always some fab work even with “over the counter bolt on” parts)

If it were me, I would spend some time taking a few measurements on the 2 and you should be able to figure it out with out too much effort.

Just a thought? Why not use the ¾ running gear. You would have a much stronger foundation for your project.

Are there any 4x4 guys out there that can help???

Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by vexvader; 06-24-2009 at 02:36 PM.
vexvader is offline   Reply With Quote