View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 05:38 PM   #1
Xavier

'68 C20 - Troubleshooting Horn

When I picked this truck up it had a POS steering wheel that didn't even have a horn button, not to mention it was missing the horn as well.

Well, now with a lot of free time on my hands I figured I'd look into getting that fixed so I ordered some horns online expecting to be able to pop 'em in but I'm having trouble getting anything from the horn relay.

Since I have owned it I have replaced that junk steering wheel with an actual 67-68 steering wheel. It looks like I'm not getting continuity from my number 10 to 12 unless I shove the plunger way further down then the horn button would. It also looks like I have the contact kit marked 9 (which is labeled 69-72) rather than 8 (for 67-68).

Should I be looking for my test lamp to light up when the horn button is pressed on the BLACK wire on the horn relay?

Thanks for any help.

Also the signal switch internals are broken so I figured if I'm digging into the steering wheel / column I may as well replace that too. Any tips for removing it? I remember trying to pull it out before but had no luck.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote