View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #273
Black_Sheep

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
Not bad. How does the odometer work on those? Is it just a digital unit for that too? Can you set it to the current mileage on the engine? I've been holding out for these ones..

http://newvintageusallc.mybigcommerc...uge-kit-beige/

Biggest issue I just noticed is they aren't GPS. Looks like you can buy a GPS sender for them though.

I may have to go the route of buying gauges anyway. I'm slowly tinkering with the last items for an official Pennsylvania inspection and one requirement is having turn indicator and high beam indicator lights on the dash. I saw someone on here drilled a couple holes in the dash between the gauges, but I'm going with custom gauges eventually anyway, so then I'd have three holes to fill up again later lol.

Sad day today in the garage as I realize, I am almost done on this first round of truck building. I have a temporary bed to throw on out of plywood, the drivers door, parking brake assembly, and the hood. Man that's a short list. No wonder you guys and gals start new projects, its a bit depressing knowing I don't need to spend my whole weekend in the garage working at a feverish pace for some end goal. Marathon done
The odometer is digital, I don't know if it can be programmed to reflect your truck's current mileage, that would be a good question for the manufacturer.

FYI the TS and high beam indicators are incorporated into the Speedhut unit, you can see them in my picture. It makes for a clean looking installation
Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote