View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 07:53 PM   #1
Wgesnerjr

Borgeson Steering Box

So I used the original steering box form 1985 on my resto. I know I should have gone and replaced it then, but had to save some money towards other items the truck desperately needed. (like exhaust system) I think the truck had 95K miles so I cleaned it up, painted and put it back on. I ran the LS PS pump that came with my engine.

my theory was if it failed, I would replace it.

Well for the last 10K since the trucks been back on the road, it has worked fine enough. The steering was way loose even though I rebuilt the rag joint and tightened up the steering column. All the linkage was new MOOG parts and aligned but it still liked to follow the ruts in the road and wandered all over the place at highway speeds. Huge dead spot in the middle too. When turning the wheel, there was a slight "grittyness" feeling, so I knew its days were numbered. however it still turned the big 295/50/15 so, I let it ride.

Lately I have been finding puddles under the truck and they have gotten big enough that something has to be done. So today my buddies and I took a ride down to Summit Racing in McDonough and I was the big spender at just under $500. But I came home with this...brand spanking new (not rebuilt) Borgeson steering Box! https://www.summitracing.com/parts/b...0#applications
Attached Images

LS 5.3, 4L60E
Father/Daughter Project

Last edited by Wgesnerjr; 11-16-2021 at 11:31 AM.
Wgesnerjr is offline   Reply With Quote