View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #53
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Re: Exciting News!! Blast From The Past!!!

Here is a "chart" to help with the confusing configurations in this post!

Aunt's house and truck Seller's house are in Capitol City
My house is on the Coast
Country estate and mechanic's shop are in my old home town

Wednesday I left my home on the coast and drove 150 miles to my family estate out in the country to prepare for the big day to get back my heirloom 1968 C10. This was necessary since the country estate's town is closer to where the truck was at the time (45 miles) and my mechanic lives in that town as well. I spent the night there, and Thursday morning I drove from the country estate to the capitol city and met my aunt (the same one who presented me the box that started this).

She drove me to pick up the truck and close this deal since it is not far from HER house. I left my 1981 C10 at aunt's house in anticipation of driving the 1968 C10 back the country estate (and later to the mechanic's house) after we closed the deal. We arrived and paid for the truck, then I set to the task of seeing if it would run. Turns out that the truck had not been started in several years, and the carb looked terrible. I put in the battery I brought with me, changed the oil, and put Sea Foam in the gas tank. The truck turned over, and fired right up when we poured gas in the carb. It ran for a minute, then would not run anymore unless gas was poured in the carb.

I had to leave and go back to the country estate in my 1981 C10 without the truck, so I had time to formulate a plan. I subscribe to AAA, and they only have two rules before they will tow a subscriber's vehicle. 1.) The vehicle must have valid state license plate on it and 2.) The subscriber must be with the vehicle. So Friday I called my insurance company, added the 1968 C10, took the signed title to the local DMV, and got a license plate for it. I then made arrangements to meet the seller back at his house.

I drove my motorcycle 45 miles to his house, (stopping to call AAA on the way), placed the tag on the truck, and waited for the tow truck to arrive. The tow truck arrived, loaded up the newly-registered truck, and I accompanied it to my mechanic's shop not far from the country estate. By this time it was night. What a day that was! I have no pictures to show yet, but the truck is now finally MINE!!! The mechanic is going to let me know what it needs to run properly, so I will keep everyone posted!!
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009

Last edited by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA; 10-04-2018 at 11:15 AM.
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote