View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 10:23 PM   #19
pilotXC

Re: 1972 K20 LQ4/4L80E Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban99 View Post
I have a 72K10 that I did a 6.0LS swap on as well. I used the dirty dingo cross member and mounts. I did not move the TH350 or NP205 as truck drove great at highway speeds and I didn't want to mess with the driveshafts. I used the dakota digital to pulse the ECM. I recently added electric fans from a windstar that I got from the auto recycler for around $40.00...I had a mechanical fan up until then. No issues just sounds better without the mechanical fan noise. And warms up quicker. Truck runs and drive great.
Did you happen to have any issues with the cross member? Did you use the clamshell engine mounts? I got my engine in today and with it slide all the way forward, I barely had a finger width clearance between the firewall and back of the engine. Something seems very off. I called DD and they said to send pictures, but I haven't got anything back in response yet to help. Just curious if you had any issues. Everything was put together exactly as they explain in the installation instructions... D on driver side with arrow pointing toward radiator, P on passenger with arrow pointing toward radiator.

I flipped sides and it seemed to be better but then also looked like the alternator might be too high to clear the hood?

I thought this stuff was supposed to just fit right in!!??!!?? Thanks for any help...
pilotXC is offline   Reply With Quote