View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #11
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Interior Originality

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
No one has mentioned that you have a Cheyenne Super, which is why you have the houndstooth, as well as the woodgrain on the dash. Only Cheyenne Supers (RPO YE9) got those two things and only those two things set the Cheyenne Super interior apart from the Cheyenne (Z84).

The reason the carpet, dash pad, steering wheel, and column are black is due to having the tilt wheel option. All tilt columns were black with matching wheel. Had your truck come with the standard column it would have been Sandalwood (tan) color and so would all those other black parts.

Another some did/some didn't, like the Cheyenne Super glove box door, is the outer A/C vents could be either body color or black. to match dash pad, column, etc. As far as some Cheyenne Supers getting the black glovebox door, I have never seen one painted any color but body color or black. For example, I have never seen a Sandalwood one when truck had standard column with Parchment interior
Learn something new everyday.

I don't know if it's correct, but my 72 Super had the 558 paint code, which is a medium blue bottom and dark blue top. The interior is medium blue, but the glove box door is dark blue. I believe the glove box door is original and has the original SPID. I can also say someone repainted the interior medium blue, because of the sloppy work with runs. The column is black as you describe (tilt). The rest of the interior (e.g., outer A/C vents) is medium blue.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote