View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #124
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Had a little progress today. Got an alternator installed, but I need to find one of those special water neck bolts to allow bolting the top bracket up. Got the power steering pump installed, minus hoses for now, that'll be next. Found a throttle/kickdown cable bracket set and installed. Then found that the carb connection for the cables are the wrong style and the bracket can't be swapped to the proper one that I have. Now I need to find the little ball connector and get that in. I also need to pick up a kickdown cable and pull the throttle cable from the other blazer tub. I also need a different water pump pulley. I have one that is too large and rubs the crank pulley, or one that is the right diameter, but has a double pulley and wont fit, it rubs the water pump. I should have pulled the crank pulley at the junkyard today, and can now kick myself for thinking I had one that'll work.

I also bought an air filter for $8, and spent about $30 at the junk yard today. Total spent is up to $156.50.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote