View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 08:59 PM   #25
Alberta65

Re: 1965 C10 ... Project Name: Just Learnin'

STUPID QUESTION WARNING AHEAD!!

Ok I always try and do as much research as possible before I go asking dumb questions like this but I simply cannot find an answer. So I am looking at the Blocking and sanding procedure and collecting materials and tools I need as I go. But every write up I see or read skips like the first two steps or possibly just I'm generally more stupid in terms of body work than I ever imagine.

I have read in every write up that on top of bare metal should be an epoxy primer, then filler, then epoxy primer again. So my question is what the hell is epoxy primer exactly? Keep in mind our auto store around here kind of suck and since I am just learning I was hoping to find an aerosol form in order to just do some small pieces before diving in. Yet there is not a single damn can at napa that just says epoxy primer. Can I use self etching primer under the filler instead??..... (was that another dumb question? again apologies)

PS. please don't think Im making a bondo bucket here I will be doing all my metal work first before a mere skim coat of filler but I am just looking for clarification on the process.

Thanks guys!!
Alberta65 is offline   Reply With Quote