View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:28 AM   #3
85square

Re: 2000 silverado brake light issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy_Britton View Post
so just for clarification, your ABS light is always on and your BRAKE light is intermittenet for no apparent reason? or does it happen that your ABS light is also intermittent?

you mention that there is a bad wire somewhere ? what is the bad wire that you know of?

There is a known issue with the 99-06 trucks that may be an issue on the older and/or newer trucks. anyways that issue is that the ABS pump/module grounding wire/strap under the truck on the frame rail nearest the module is known to be a bad connection.

I only mention this because i too have this issue however my issue is that BOTH the ABS and BRAKE light are intermittent together, both at the same time but never one at a time. after much research i have found the wire being an issue and cleaning and reconnecting the wire and grounding post seems to be the solution but i havent had time as of late to dig into it to see if it will fix my problem... YET.

I now have 4 of these 99-06 trucks and they ALL have the same ABS and BRAKE light issue. so i think that there is something to be said about the ground wire/strap on the frame. worth looking into anyways.

-Izzy
Thanks I'll check that out. The lights aren't intermittent. A while back id be driving the truck and come to a stop when all of the sudden the abs would kick in. I replaced a wheel bearing and the abs issue continued. My issue was the abs wire that connects to the hub assembly.
85square is offline   Reply With Quote