View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 12:13 PM   #7
izzy_Britton

Re: 2000 silverado brake light issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 S_Trucker View Post
The EBCM(electronic brake control module) is mounted to the EHCU(Electro-Hydraulic Control Unit).

The EHCU houses the valves. The EBCM tells activates the valves.

Replacing the module is the easy part. The module is expensive and needs programmed.

I dont mean to hijack this guys thread but in the interest of info for all i am willing to continue the discussion.

I was doing some research on the EBCM while you were responding to my last post apparently. I was mistaken in thinking that the entire unit EHCU and EBCM together was something that needed to be replaced together. i see now that the EBCM simply unbolts. that is really good to know.

the bad thing is as you mentioned that the EBCM is quite expensive. 2x+ more than i paid for the entire truck.

I didnt realized they needed to be reprogrammed. who or how is that done? dealer only or can a guy with a good scan/diagnostic tool reprogram one?

and i noticed that there is a lot of info on the web about the circuit board in the EBCM having some bad solder joints. it looks like these solder joints are an easy fix for someone handy with a solder gun. is this your experience? or do you have any inexperience with these?

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote