View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #122
Jahloha

Re: For Gramps (1970 C20 RestoMod)

UPDATE:

After posting some inquiries on the forum, I decided I needed to purchase a grinder and some abrasive wheels to properly clean up the frame in prep for primer. Two things:

-Having never used a grinder before, within five seconds I understood the potential danger this tool holds. So for me, the protective wheel cover, leather gloves, proper attire, etc will all be norms when using this tool
-The abrasive wheels are great for frame prep and many other things I imagine my build will present. Although a little bulky, they cover mass areas quickly and strip paint, rust, gunk, etc in a steady pass by.

It is funny how you can think something is looking good (my frame yesterday), then try a new technique and see what you thought was good, wasn't quite as good as it gets. I hope to learn a lot of other things to help me have less "yesterday" moments, and constantly be prepping myself with great knowledge. Although I know experience is often the best teacher.
Name:  Abrasive Wheel 2.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  40.6 KB

Also, bought a light stand from HF as well. 1000W (dual 500W). Thing is pretty flimsy, but will serve my needs as a stationary light source. A ton better then my single build clip light I was using.
Name:  1000w Lights.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  88.4 KB

MAHALO

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread

Last edited by Jahloha; 12-17-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote