View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #212
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

After finishing up the motor stand installation, I moved to the back and addressed the fuel tank situation. Last winter I bought myself an ECE rear crossmember because I wasn't happy with how close the fuel tank was to the brake line bracket and, more importantly, it interfered with the rear swaybar installation. The new crossmember let me move everything back a bit.

Tonight I drilled new holes to locate the tank further back, as close to the new rear crossmember as possible without actually touching it.

(First pic is a continuation of the above thread showing the ECE motor stands after they were installed.)

In the last pic, you can see how much room I gained. The red arrow indicates where I had to clearance the brake line bracket in order to clear the fuel tank in its previous location.

If you look close, you'll also notice the ECE 4" drop rear leaf springs, now properly installed. With the new springs installed, the e-brake cables now reach the brackets where they clip in place, which for some reason they didn't do previously with the 2" drop springs. Maybe I had the springs installed the wrong direction. Who knows? (If anyone needs a zero-mile pair of VERY nice custom-made 2" drop leaf springs, let me know.)
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote